Monday, June 24, 2013

DWM/Blogger Girl Month 5



Are you sitting down? Of course you are, you're sitting at your computer reading blog posts. I'm glad you're sitting because I know how shocked you're going to be to see a quilting post on my blog after all this time! I actually made it into my sewing room for the first time in over a month and I got some some actual sewing done. Not just moving fabric around, but sewing. Whew, I almost forgot how to match those seams up. But, I persevered and I knocked out the May Blogger Girl blocks.


Yes, I do realize it's the end of June but you all know I've been a little lot busy around here and this is  supposed to be a relaxing hobby not a job. So, if I continue on my sewing streak of one day maybe I can catch up and knock out the June blocks before June is actually over. I feel like it might be possible. All I have to do today is: feed the chickens, ditto the dogs, deadhead the roses and other flowers, figure out whats wrong with the well because it's not pumping water right now, get water to the chickens regardless, water the garden regardless, pick up the house, exercise the dogs so they don't bug me ALL DAY LONG, finalize plans for my San Diego trip for baby Paige's first birthday, change over my personal contact list to new email addy (don't get me started on satellite provider woes)... yep I think that's all.


Best get started if I want to get back into the sewing room before dark!

Until next time,

16 comments:

  1. Cancel watering the yard, its raining!! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee is right, isn't the rain great?

      Delete
  2. Awesome blocks! Wow, you must sleep very well at night. If that's a light day then I wonder what a busy day is like. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot to do around here this time of year and my hubs has been gone on a camping trip for over a week so I have his chores to do too - oh poor me :(

      Delete
  3. Your blocks look great! I think I have some of that fabric in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric is Double Chocolate by Moda for the most part with a couple of other stray pieces thrown in.

      Delete
  4. Love the one with the red squares! Both are pretty but the red one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda in love with the red myself. ;) but I do have to mix in some other colors just for variety.

      Delete
  5. I love the rich, deep colors of this fabric. Lovely blocks, yep I haven't done tons of sewing around here we have had a may/june much like yours. If it wasn't one thing it is five others!!! Hopefully you will slow down with the dog days of summer coming on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy? If it hadn't rained I still wouldn't have gotten any sewing done. Now the sun is out and the weather is predicted to be 100* today yikes! The garden should finally take off - maybe.

      Delete
  6. They are both beautiful !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, I love the way this project is coming together. I only wish I was a faster sewer.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful blocks and it sounds like you are really busy! You're right that this is to be fun so relax and quilt when you have time. Hope you get the water problem taken care of and internet providers.......I understand! We're thinking about changing. Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of folks who treat their quilting like a 9-5 job but that's just not me. I have too many irons in the fire I guess. I do love to relax in my sewing room when I get the urge and spend the whole day with fabric and thread. As for the water, well...to be continued.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.