Friday, May 31, 2013

Spring Cleaning

We've been working our fingers to the bone around here! It happens every year. The house has been closed up all winter and you would not believe the amount of dust that accumulates on every surface, high and low.  Now, I admit I'm not the most diligent housekeeper but even Martha Stewart would have a hard time keeping up with the dirt generated by living on a country road. Besides, I understand she has staff - a lot of staff!



Here you see my staff. Chris has hauled the vacuum up to that high shelf  to give it a good clean. Obviously something I would not be capable of. You will notice there are two ladders in this photo. I'm no slacker in this enterprise my friends. Believe it or not we also washed down every beam in the house! Nuts right? My husband is a firm believer in doing a job right or not at all. Every ceiling fan blade is slick as a whistle. Now you know what I've been doing instead of blogging or sewing or lounging around reading a good book! Chris, I hear your old job calling... Just kidding. It really is great to have help around here with this odious chore. Those wires you see are my indoor clothes lines. I told you about drying our clothes inside here.



As if inside spring cleaning wasn't enough we've also been doing some major outdoor cleanup. Winter always results in downed and damaged trees that need tending to. These are just the ones inside the fence around the house! Yep, I'm a helper with that project too although I confess I'm more of a fetcher than anything else. I do know how to use a chainsaw though and I have a very sharp pair of loppers! 

Is it summer vacation yet?


13 comments:

  1. Quit it! You are making me look lazy! Your home is lovely inside with all those wood walls and beams. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and I'm exhausted!!

      Delete
  2. Oh man I should be so ambitious. Maybe this weekend I will tackle some of the inside. Worked outside last week and am now suffering with poison ivy.. I hate that.

    Your home looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG my husband ran in to poison oak a couple of weeks ago and finally had to go to the doctor for shots for relief. So sorry for your pain.

      Delete
  3. I can relate, except I have not cleaned the kitchen ceiling fan yet this Spring. I'm afraid to turn it on! You have a lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie and I don't do ceiling fans personally that's for staff! ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi just a reminder.
    This Thursday is the end of the craft swap. Please have your swaps mailed no later then this weekend. I know everyone is excited to see what they got. If you have received your swap, please let me know so that I may feature it and your blog on my sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is lovely and yes it is amazing just how much dust accumulates on a country road! Have been doing the same thing here! Enjoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no cure and no use complaining just a fact of life. When I get too old to clean it up I'll just pretend my glasses are not working correctly.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful home and location... We are ready for summer too! We got the cobwebs swept out of tiny cottage and it's ready for us... our home however is always a work in progress! Oh, well...:) such is life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many things I've learned it's not worth worrying about and a little healthy dirt is one of them. ;)

      Delete
  7. Love that you have an indoor clothesline! Go hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he the best? I would never clean up there without his help. I use those clothesline every week, saves a lot of money on propane which is very expensive here.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.