Monday, April 1, 2013

DWM/Blogger Girl Month Three

I made it! Honestly I did.



These Blogger Girl month three blocks have been done for a while but I just haven't had the chance to tell you about them before now. The one on the left is the original pattern and the one on the right is my variation.



Sorry about the blurry picture of this close up but when we look closer I'm not entirely happy with this one. I just don't think there's enough contrast. I debated about doing it over but decided to keep it as is. Not every block in a quilt has to be a knock your socks off block. Some of them can be a bit more soothing. At least that's what I think for now. I may change my mind when I see them all together.



Now this one is much more to my liking. I love the high contrast in this block. Not to mention that drop dead red! What do you think? Do you try to make each and every block in a quilt equal in intensity or do you like to tone some of them down to give the quilt some contrasts?

It's not too late to catch up with this Block of the Month we're only at month three. If you'd like to join in go to Open Gate Quilts and get the FREE pdf patterns/instructions and join me. Look on my side word for the other postings about this fun project. 

I'll be posting these in the Blogger Girl BOM Flickr group and on Judy's Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.