Monday, April 22, 2013

DWM/Blogger Girl Block of the Month #4


On my design wall this morning are my two completed blocks for the Blogger Girl BOM. This is month 4 and I LOVE the block this month. I took the opportunity that the large open space in the center offered and fussy cut a pretty flower for this one. When I looked at the blocks I've done so far I decided I needed a little more blue so the predominate color for this star is shades of blue.


We're supposed to take the pattern and change the block by rearranging the color placement to make it look different. I could not for the life of me wrap my head around how to do that for this one and besides I really like it just as it is so I just went with it. I think the color values make it look different enough. What do you think? Should I try harder and make another one?

What's on your design wall? head over to Patchwork Times to see what so many other creative people are doing and thanks to Judy for hosting Design Wall Monday.

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and a wonderful block!! I need to check out the BOM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link, http://www.opengatequilts.com/bloggergirlsbom.html, I forgot to include it in this post. Thanks for the kind words about my blocks.

      Delete
  2. You did fine. After all, it is your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right! I'm sticking with these and movin' on. Besides my brain hurts... ;{

      Delete
  3. It gorgeous!!!! But if you do decide to make another one. I'd be more then happy to take this one off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, I think I'll keep these two and save my energy for all those connector blocks to come. You know they're going to be a necessary pain in the behind. They add so much to the design but take so much more time than we think they should.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.