Monday, April 15, 2013

Design Wall Monday/A Finish At Last

Off my design wall and off my UFO list is this baby quilt that I really like and haven't got a clue why it took me so long to finish!


chinese coin quilt dogwoodlanerambles.blogspot.com

All it needed was binding and it has sat languishing in my sewing room literally for YEARS! Why do I do that? Anyway this weekend I told myself I'm going to finish it and it really only took about an hour. After all it's not very big. It's made from the scraps of this quilt, Insomnia that I told you about in this post.


insomnia quilt dogwoodlanerambles.blogspot.com




As I sewed the binding down I marveled at how soothing hand work can be, the rhythm of the needle going in and out of the fabric. That special sound as you pull the thread through, the satisfying feeling as you give it a small tug to seat your stitch. I love the quilting that my friend  Karen did on this little piece and I love the backing - a large piece of Thimbleberries from my stash that went perfectly.



I'll say it again, what took me so long?

I was featured at Freemotion by the River. Hop on over and check out the other pretty projects.



Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. I bet it feels good to finish up a long running project! Now if I could only get all mine done without starting a new project!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try sooooooo hard not to have UFOs hanging around, why why why are there so many in my sewing room? I think someone else is leaving theirs here!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That really is a compliment coming from you the finishing queen!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful quilt and I guess "it" just wasn't ready to get finished! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Connie "no quilt is finished before it's time" ;}

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.