Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Still Smiling

Freddy Moran pieced quilt
Here I am three days after my encounter with Freddy Moran and I'm still smiling. I defy anyone to spend time in a room with her quilts and not come away with a more positive outlook. Yes, they are bold and bright but more important than that is the sense of freedom that her work conveys.



Just let go, have fun, try something new. That's what these quilts say to me anyway. I know it makes me think I need to be more adventurous in my color choices and maybe even less uptight about my construction.

flower vase collage quilt Freddy Moran

Her collage works are all raw edge applique, makes me think I can do that too.

tree collage Freddy Moran


tree quilt collage Freddy Moran

Freddy's House
 
Art should be thought provoking, uplifting and inspiring and with that criteria in mind these quilts certainly qualify as art. What do you think? Too wild for you or just what the doctor ordered?

Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. Each one of her quilts is wonderful. I am going to get her book back out (since I can't go see her) and enjoy the pictures again.
    I think I need to challenge myself to design something with a lot of color. Yes these are definitely what the doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could remind you of something you enjoy and bring a smile to your face. Happy inspiration! Your bead work is certainly colorful just like Freddy's work.

      Delete
  2. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us.
    Grow Your Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.