Monday, March 18, 2013

DWM/Mini Quilt Show

Not a lot of sewing has gone on this past week on Dogwood Lane but that doesn't mean that I've been sitting on my behind. In fact I've been busier than a person should be. Better to wear out than rust out our grandparents used to say, right?
The Nellies met last Wednesday and Vickie tried her very best to teach us the art of paper piecing. Most of us worked diligently to complete our beginners project but a couple of us (Bev and Dolly I'm calling you out) chose to sit and knit and gossip chat instead.


Helen brought her example/suggestion for our charity quilt project this year - a disappearing 9 patch. What a beautiful example of a simple pattern.


I don't remember whose super cute Christmas project this is. I do know they've been working on it for quite a while and it turned out so nice.

Five of the girls had formed a mini group to work on a row quilt challenge and they brought their completed tops for us to admire. What wonderful quilts these women came up with. This was the first time that they were able to see their own tops since starting the challenge over a year ago so everyone was thrilled and pleased. I have no idea whose quilt is whose or what the rules were so I'm just going to show you the magic.








 




As you can see most of the Nellies are amazing applique artists!

Be sure to visit Patchwork Times to see other design wall Monday works.

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Those row quilts are everyone more beautiful than the next. How interesting that they are all similar but so completely unique. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I participated in a row quilt challenge a couple of years ago, the quilts were all pieced and so unique. I highly recommend it. It was so much fun and a little intimidating too but well worth it.

      Delete
  2. WOW! The ladies are very talented. Thank you for sharing all those beautiful quilt. I am now very inspired to make another row quilt and all some applique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Seeing all those quilts inspires me too but not to try applique - just not my thing!

      Delete
  3. What beautiful quilts and it sounds like this group is a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a small group but we always have lot of fun together. We've been together now for 16 years through an ad in the paper.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.