Monday, March 4, 2013

DWM / Hidden Treasure

In my ongoing quest to clean up my sewing room I unearthed a project box I had completely forgotten about. Inside I found this kit for a quilt I bought more than two years ago! I know I had some idea that this was going to be my retreat project.


I seldom buy kits unless they're on sale so this must have been a bargain and I know why it appealed to me the colors are gorgeous. I'm a sucker for fall colors, my very favorite no question.


Inside the box I find that I have already cut out ALL the fabric and labeled and bagged it! Oh my that's nice. I usually take super easy projects to retreats, this time I was serious folks about wanting to get some sewing done but... this was also the retreat that I contracted either food poisoning or the nastiest stomach virus ever and had to be driven home by a friend or we needed an ambulance so not much sewing happened. No wonder I buried this project box - bad memories! Shake it off Pat!


I'm encouraged that I made a good start on the hundreds of flying geese needed before illness struck. I'm going to pick up this project, most of the hard stuff is already done!

What's on your design wall? Linking to Patchwork Times and Design Wall Monday.

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I have never gone on a retreat due to cost but the one I had paid for I got sick and had to cancel. So disappointing, hope you are better. AND that is a lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have the chance to go on a retreat some time again soon they can be a lot of fun. My small group has found a not very expensive spot where we can pool our resources since most of us are on a fixed income so it works out well. I don't go every year due to cost and/or having to work so getting sick was a major pain in the butt. I'm working away on my find now.

      Delete
  2. A treasure chest of a project box! That's such a great thing to find--already cut and labeled and started. Sigh. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm piecing away on this, there a lot of flying geese cut exactly with no wiggle room! The instructions given left no room for fudging so I have to be sooo careful while sewing.

      Delete
  3. That is a treasure to find. I also love fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall colors appeal to me since I'm a redhead and they look the best on me. I love wearing them and feel comfortable decorating with rusts and greens and golds too.

      Delete
  4. Hmmm...I have that in fall colors also as a UFO...My retreat is coming up, but I hope I don't get any food poisoning! Can't wait to see yours! Will have to dig mine out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since finding this box I've made a good start on the piecing I hope I don't stall out. Why don't you join me and we'll see who finishes first?

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.