Monday, February 18, 2013

I'm Catching Up/Blogger Girl BOM

I told you I was jumping in on the Blogger Girl Block of the Month and I am always mostly true to my word.


Here are the January blocks. See, I'm only a month behind! Technically I'm not behind at all until the end of February when I'll be behind if I don't get the February blocks done. Which isn't going to happen since I have those all cut out and ready to sew. Is all that clear??


I'm using a fat quarter bundle of Double Chocolate fabric from Moda that I've been saving with some left overs from the Memories of Provence quilt and I'm loving the way these colors play together. The idea is to take the exact same pattern and change the look of the block by changing the color placement. I had a little trouble at first getting my brain to twist this without drawing it all out but after a bit of puzzling I managed to do it.


See what I mean? Exactly the same pattern just different color placement to create a completely different look. Of course I can see all my piecing mistakes in these photos so please don't look too hard, OK?

If you'd like to join in go to Open Gate Quilts and get the FREE pdf patterns/instructions and join me. I'm also joining the Flickr group where other bloggers are showing off their blocks as they complete them. Maybe I'll see you there.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. Both of your blocks are gorgeous. I really love the white center. The red in the flying geese stands out so nicely. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having fun working with these fabrics so far we'll see what I may have to add to pull it all together. :-)

      Delete
  2. I wish I had your piecing skill.. I looked really hard and didn't see any problems.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to piece - no applique for me so far - so I'm trying to do my best but I'm still learning.

      Delete
  3. The blocks are beautiful. And anything but easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stella. I'm making it my mission this year to improve my piecing skills so I'm slowing down and doing less while taking more care.

      Delete
  4. Pat! Those are beautiful, I like the way the two fabrics lines play well together..nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you think that paisley is jazzy? Just a little here and there will be quite a spark.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.