Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bats in My Bedroom


Well, only one bat actually. But one bat is one too many as far as I'm concerned! Living in the country is full of surprises-  giant spiders in the bathtub, bears in the chicken coop and now bats in the house! 

Last night I walked into my bedroom and turned on the light and a bat was flying around in there. I let out a squeal that could be heard up and down the road. Now I like a bat just as well as the next person as long as it's where it belongs - OUTSIDE! Doing what it's supposed to be doing - eating bugs. Not in my bedroom flying around doing God knows what. Chris came running assuming a serial killer had been hiding in the closet. After he quit laughing he calmly opened the French doors to the deck and the bat happily flew out. The dogs were not impressed I don't think they even woke up.

End of drama. We have no idea how the creature of the night got in there but now I'm completely spooked and it's nowhere near Halloween. Just another day in the country.

Until next time,

13 comments:

  1. you poor thing, I would have screamed too. Glad he left quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I screamed all right! I can hit high C sista.

      Delete
  2. It would be days or weeks before I could walk into that room without being nervous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make my husband go in there first these days I'm still a little freeked out to be honest.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. No kidding Susan, remember the rabid mouse?

      Delete
  4. I had to giggle when I read your post.....a bat in the bedroom....not the best place! My daughter gets the occasional bat in her house too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wonder where the heck they come from?!

      Delete
  5. I wonder what you meant in your post for 2/15 about the bat in the bedroom. Now I know! Sounds like it has been an adventure living in the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Joanie no kidding every day is an adventure! I forget to blog about most of it!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you were able to gently get him back where he belongs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. Bats are really our friends just not in the HOUSE! I love to watch them diving for bugs at dusk in the summer time but they are usually quiet during the winter.

      Delete
  7. I feel like we are now soul sisters!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.