Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Singing the Internet Blues

Yep, we're still singing that same tune and I'm sure I don't have to tell you how tired I am of humming the blues. I can receive email but not send and I have zero wifi. Intermittent access is what I think we're calling it and I'm waiting for parts to arrive which MIGHT fix the whole thing. I've been just too discouraged to even try to blog but that doesn't mean I've been sitting on my tush - far from it!

Remember this project?



It's finally completed!!! Chris has been been working diligently away whenever illness, holidays and weather would permit and I've been helping whenever I felt like it could. The planking was completed in a ice storm. Over the last two weeks with the help of our teenage grandsons we moved six tons of rock by wheelbarrow full. I do not exaggerate it really is six tons, I know because I paid for it by the ton.





Lots of raking and leveling invloved here. New lighting was installed too.




Those large pots and edging await spingtime and some kind of planting. Any suggestions? Must be cold hardy, draught tolerant and deer resistant. In my experience there is no such thing as deer proof!


I love the way it turned out and it's about half the size of the old deck which means about half the upkeep.

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. I can only imagine how pretty it will be with greens and flowers around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Terry. Chris and I had lots of 'discussions' along the way about how this project should come together so I'm relieved to have it completed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.