Monday, January 7, 2013

Designe Wall Monday/New Beginnings

Yes, it is a new beginning for me at least. My first post in 2013 and my first design wall showing for the new year. What a whirlwind the holidays were for us here on Dogwood Lane Farm. Before I get to all that let me show you that I truly have managed to get back into the sewing room for a little needle therapy this past few days.



I finished the twelfth and last focus block in my Memories of Provence BOM and I've cut out all the lattice blocks. I've even made a start on piecing them! This represents my determination not to let this quilt languish in the 'some day I'll finish that one' pile. I love the way the seemingly disparate units come together to make a stunning whole.



Now for a small Christmas report. The house was filled to the rafters with family for nearly two weeks which was truly a blessing. Our Southern Calif. sons and their families were able to be here although not at the same time and that made the holiday all we could wish for. Unfortunately along with family came some kind of bug that must have hitched a ride on Santa's sleigh 'cuz it arrived the day after Christmas and stayed until long after New Year. I have felt lousy for weeks now. Coughing can still be heard ringing down the hall!


A tiny Christmas Fairy
Lastly, I've been playing around with my new Christmas gift. A Cuisinart electric pressure cooker, isn't she a bute! I was almost too terrified to try it out but nothing ventured nothing gained so I jumped in and I LOVE it. I can make a pot of beans in 20 minutes in this baby! Wow! I'll let you know how other meal experiments go.



I leave you with my favorite photo from the holiday, hands down. My son Chris fixing his daughter's hair in front of the bathroom sink. So stinkin' cute.



Linking up to Patchwork Times Design Wall Mondays, thanks to Judy for providing us with so much inspiration week after week.

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. So sorry you had to deal with the dreaded 'bug' but I know you enjoyed the family. Wish I could get all of mine together. I absolutely love how your quilt is coming together. It is going to be beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love, love having them all here for Christmas even though it's crowded. It doesn't happen every year so we appreciate it when it does. Two of our sons have to travel more than 500 miles to spend the holidays with us so we don't expect them to come every year especially with little ones in tow. We go to see them as often as possible, every three months or so. Got to get that grandma time in don't ya know. :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas and too bad about the bug. Cute pictures of the little one(s) and Dad. :)
    Your quilt is coming right along - look forward to seeing it all together!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I does my heart good to see my kids as parents - so far so good. I'm trying to get that quilt done believe me.

      Delete
  3. So happy your Christmas was wonderful. Love the block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. Check back to see the finished quilt coming to you soon - I hope!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting that last block made and moving on to the next parts! Looking forward to seeing all those blocks together.

    Stinkin cute is totally the right description of that photo :)

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the mend and I've been doing more sewing. I'm not fast but I'm steady. I'm getting excited about a finish now. My son is a wonderful dad and I'm so proud of him, I can't help bragging once in a while.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.