Thursday, December 6, 2012

Shhh It's a Secret

 
Well, only a semi secret once I tell all of you but I know for a fact that the recipient of this little gift doesn't read my blog so I feel safe in showing you what I've been working on. Shocker! Some small amount of sewing has been going on here. Our Needle Nellie Christmas party is next week and even though it looks like I left it 'til the last minute really I've been planning my gift for quite a while. I had to get the design CD together and just the right fabric and thread and find the time to sew and... You caught me! I procrastinated on this one big time. That's because I knew as soon as I drew her name what I wanted to do and somehow that translated into already completed in my feeble brain! Does that ever happen to you? Probably not.




It's finished now and not just in my imagination. And it came out just the way I wanted and in plenty of time for next week's party. Whew!




Hope she likes it.

Until next time,
Jed & Ivy

http://www.conniekresin.com/

4 comments:

  1. What a great gift and your work is beautiful. I want to try thread painting (I hope I am saying this right) on a landscape scene. When we have cold subzero weather should be a good time to try my hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love working on projects like this they're small and get done quickly and are more free wheeling. I say go for it it's only fabric and thread. It can always be a coaster if you don't love it!

      Delete
  2. How beautiful, love all the colors in it and I'm sure she will love it! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave it to her yesterday and she did love it - success! Merry Christmas Connie!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.