Sunday, December 23, 2012

Holiday Potpourri

Potpourri noun \ˌpō-p-ˈrē\ : a miscellaneous collection 

It's fair to say that's what this post is about, a medley of holiday doings. Things have been going on here on Dogwood Lane. So many things in fact that I haven't had time to write about them. It's trying to snow outside right now and a fire is blazing in the wood stove so I'm taking a break from baking to let you know what's been going on. Wouldn't you know since we live in the country and there's a storm raging it's taking me literally 12 hours so far to get this post done! (The power keeps going off and the internet connection is soooo slow.)

Drum roll please - Chris and I have finished the deck! I forgot to take pictures and then it started to rain, and then Chris got really sick. I mean he's going to hack up a lung! It could have something to do with working in the freezing cold. I'm doing my best to be a good nurse while avoiding him like the plague carrier that he is.

Shocker!! I've also been doing some sewing. I sewed the binding on three gift quilts. I managed to take pictures of two of them before I wrapped them up but the third was already on it's way to San Diego before I remembered to get the camera.





There was a bit of sun before the storm so I could take some pictures.
I won't say who they're for just in case the giftee takes a peek at the blog before Christmas. This is the third quilt in the design stage before quilting and binding. I'm so happy to have these done and my goal for the year finished.



And of course the Christmas baking has been proceeding. This is what 20 dozen assorted, must have family favorite cookies looks like. Not to mention 5 lbs. of fudge and 5 lbs. of peanut brittle not pictured.




Josh's favorite - Snickerdoodles
I think you can see why blogging may have taken a back seat seat this week. I'll bet it's been just as busy at your house. Really I love the hustle and bustle of the holiday season I just like it a lot better when it doesn't involve construction projects and head colds.

  In the midst of all this activity I got some happy news - I'm a winner! A blog anniversary winner from One Minnesota Quilter. Judy drew my name from all her commenters and look what that lovely lady sent me.



Is this the cutest? I almost didn't want to unwrap it but I did want to take a look inside so...






Everything I need for a darling little project and notes from Judy on how to proceed. Thanks so much to my blog friend. Do go over to her place and see what she's been up to this holiday season. She and her husband are so talented!


Tomorrow night should see the arrival of the far flung clan, toddlers and little kids. Noise makers running through the house, just like old times! 

Hope your holidays are filled with every good thing.

'Til next time,

5 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to think about making so many cookies, etc. I have made one kind, and I'm making a pumpkin pie tomorrow. But then we won't be having a big get together. All my kids are out of state, we are having a couple of friends over for dinner. So it will be small and quiet here. I remember the old days though. Enjoy your Christmas. You deserve it after all that work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry, I'm so grateful my kids are traveling long distances to spend Christmas with us and bringing the grands. It makes for a full house all right but so much laughter and joy too. Not every Christmas is so blessed so I'm happy to pull out all the stops when I can. Enjoy your day big or small. Happy Holidays from Dogwood Lane.

      Delete
  2. Really gorgeous quilts! And the goodies look pretty yummy too. Hope it was fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hanks Annie it was fab. I met my goal for the year and only have one more quilt to go so all my near loved ones have a new quilt. It's good to have goals, right?

      Delete
  3. Fun to see a holiday post in April!!! :) LOVE THAT BATIK...I found myself really looking close and love the border fabric especially. So glad you share at Tuesday Archives!!! YAH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.