Monday, December 10, 2012

DWM/Memories of Provence #11

I'm in the home stretch on my Memories of Provence Block of the Month with #11 block completed. This has been a real learning process for me with several new techniques I've never done before and I'm so glad I've kept up with it so far. An exercise in patience for impatient me.



When you see the block components individually it's hard to imagine what they will combine to be. How will these units turn into a finished block?



Then you sew them all together in just the right order and PRESTO a finished block that really shines! I love this one don't you? Only one more to go and all the connecting units of course and this quilt will be ready for the machinist. I already have the backing fabric and I have the cutting done on the connectors so I feel like I'm moving in the right direction.

 Linking up to Patchwork Times and all the other great Design Wall inspiration.

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous block and the fabric works perfectly for it!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take any credit for the fabric selection but I agree the fabrics are really nice and I love this block.

      Delete
  2. Totally gorgeous! You are doing excellent work here :) Very exciting that you are getting so close to the end of piecing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to keep up with my target to get the connectors done too and not let myself fall behind. I don't want this to tun into an UFO ;)

      Delete
  3. A beautiful block, great colors. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the end of this too. It's been an exercise in patience for me and a try for real precision. Thanks for stopping by Cheryl.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.