Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Deck the Halls

Literally! 
Hanging the stockings always makes me so happy.
 As if there wasn't enough to do with decking out the house in her Christmas finery my Darling Husband has decided that the front deck project just has to be finished RIGHT NOW. That project has been hanging around forever. No kidding, I told you about the demolition here, but all of a sudden it has become a priority. I do understand why it kept moving down the list and why it is now at the top of said list but it's really inconvenient to have to stop what ever else I'm doing (binding 3 quilts that will be Christmas gifts) in order to help stain decking.



Chris is a hard worker and the least I can do is be supportive but a little grousing is in order don't you think? That deck is going to be fabulous I tell ya. Santa will have no excuse not to come in the front door this year!





The newest addition to the mantle.

Until next time,

14 comments:

  1. Wow--Santa has some serious stocking-stuffing to do at your house. How festive they look hanging from the mantle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanging these stocking always makes me so happy especially adding new ones as the family grows. Merry Christmas Kristi.

      Delete
  2. MEN! They just don't understand. It will look great though. Do all those socks actually belong to a family member? To be filled? They look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right men sometimes don't get that we other MORE important things to do. Each stocking is for one of the family and I love adding new ones as the family grows, Paige is on the end it's her first Christmas. Merry Christmas Terry.

      Delete
  3. Beutiful mantel..Merry Christmas Pat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julianne Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  4. Love the stockings and the nutcrackers! Might have to use one of those on the husband - haha! :) Did I say that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind a time or two with so many men in my house ;) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, I've been collecting those nutcrackers for many years. They each represent a place or event for a particular year and are so much fun to put out. Merry Christmas Angie.

      Delete
  6. Grousing is a marital benefit, right? The deck will be terrific. Love all your whimsical decorations, and the mantel full of stockings is impressive, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had better be after all these years ;) The mantel is my favorite spot in the holiday decor even better than the tree. Merry Christmas Annie

      Delete
  7. WOW wow wow your stockings are just awesome. The deck is looking good so far and we are allowed to grouse but not nag. My hubby is still working on our guest room, glad we are not having guests this year. lol

    Merry Christmas
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spent the day today helping to drill and nail so the deck project is drawing to a semi-close. The last 10% is always the longest in my experience. ;) Thanks for the compliment on the mantle I love the Christmas stockings and nutcrakers the best of all. Merry Christmas and a finished guest room to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.