Monday, October 1, 2012

Design Wall Monday/Insomnia

I do have something to show for DWM it's a quilt I finished a while ago and put up on my living room wall this past week to celebrate the coming of Fall. At least that was the idea although Fall is only a wish around here with the temperatures in the high 90's still every day. In fact we've set some kind of record for the longest run of hot weather in history! Oh, how I long for rain! Not a blade of grass, every leaf is drooping, it's pitiful I tell ya. I'm so glad that we aren't trying to make a living as farmers or ranchers. Just stop and think what those folks have to suffer at the mercy of the weather and be grateful to them for helping to put food on our tables.


But I digress - I made this quilt from a kit I picked up in a bargain bin for half off if you can believe it. The whole thing cost something like $49, I was thrilled! You can't buy that much fabric for that and I loved the pattern and colors, score! It was quilted by Carol Walsh in Meadow Vista, Ca and didn't she do a wonderful job?

I don't know why the picture is blurred, the quilt is obviously not moving. :(
I named it Insomnia because I was going through a really tough time at work and could not sleep and so pieced the whole thing in the middle of long nights. Quilting can sometimes be our refuge can't it? I resolved the problem by resigning my job for a time until the powers that were came to their senses and asked me back for more pay, score again!

Follow the link to Patchwork Times and other beautiful quilting inspiration.

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. I agree sometimes I wonder what people who don't quilt do when they are stressed. Julianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one quilt made while waiting for the birth of my first grand child that is a complete mess. You can really tell my mind was NOT on my piecing. :) lol

      Delete
  2. A gorgeous insomnia quilt...almost makes the sleeplessness worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. At least I got something nice out of those sleepless nights! :}

      Delete
  3. Going crazy from stress is when you most NEED your creative outlet, for sure! Very lovely quilt and it looks great for fall. We haven't had any fall weather yet either--although the water temperature is up to 69 degrees, pretty high for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the BIG reasons we quilt for sure. We are going to be camping at Refugio next weekend so hope the warm water holds a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt and a perfect stress reliever. Our weather has turned cool enough to start using the wood stove! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Connie we are still praying for cooler weather and waiting for the first leaves to turn! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.