Monday, October 22, 2012

Blessed Rain

It's wet on Dogwood Lane and we are so grateful.


Glorious rain falling steadily, soaking into the thirsty earth. The first rain in six months! Those of you living in drought can appreciate how glad we are to hear the trickle of water in our gutters. That's what the weather is like here in the Northern California Sierra Foothills, six months of heat followed by six months of wet. If we're lucky. If the planets align. If, like today the seasons arrive on schedule. 

River has never seen rain before, her short life has been measured in sunny days. She doesn't like it much. It falls on her big ears and tickles and drips. She'll have to get used to it. Hopefully it will be around for quite a while. Just when I think I can't stand another rainy day there will come the sun and our six months of hot. If...

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Very nice writing, I don't think I could handle 6 months of rainy weather. I can barely handle a week of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from So Cal I certainly wouldn't have thought I would enjoy this much rain either but I've learned to appreciate the beauty of this time of year and to continue my activities outside no matter the weather. Just when I think I can't stand another cloudy day - here comes the sun!

      Delete
  2. Yep Yep! The rain is here, thank goodness it started last night at the end of our 4 days of moving...that wouldnt have been any fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad for you that you were able to get moved before that huge storm came through, wasn't it a doozy? Hope you're able to settle in to your new digs and feel peaceful about it.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.