Monday, September 17, 2012

Design Wall Monday/BOM Catch Up

With all the activity this summer it should come as no surprise that I've fallen behind on my Memories of Provence BOM. This was my test to remain disciplined enough to keep up and I'm determined to pass the challenge! I know that if I let these blocks languish for too long this project will become another UFO and that I Do Not need. With that goal in mind I buckled down and put together blocks seven and eight and now I'm back on track!

Bock #7
Block #7 on point
 In the actual quilt the blocks are going to be set on point and it's just amazing to me how the whole block changes just by rotating it. I love the on point set and use it a lot. It used to be intimidating to me but now that I have the hang of those setting triangles it really is a snap and makes even simple blocks look somehow more complicated. What about you? Do you use on point a lot or stay away from it? 


Block #8
Block #8 on point
 Linking to Patchwork Times, go see all the beautiful inspiration.

Until next time,

11 comments:

  1. These are stunning blocks! Your piecing looks absolutely perfect and I love the colors you chose. Wow all around. I haven't done that many quilts on point but agree that once you get the hang of it, it's not so hard. Especially when someone else does the MATH for you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments on the piecing. I'm using this quilt as my discipline quilt. Slow down and do it as perfectly as I can. It's a trial for me believe me!

      Delete
  2. Those blocks are colorful and pretty. I have used on point a few times, I like the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On point is my go to set option, I like it much better than sashing. Fewer pieces and less fussing with matching intersections, always a plus for me.

      Delete
  3. Good for you Pat...all caught up! I still have my block #9 to do for this month. I make 2 of each block each month so I will have a monster quilt or 2 smaller ones when all is said and done. It was wonderful to see you at Sew for Vets last week..thank you again for the eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How ambitious! Two of each one, I can barely keep up doing one a month. I'll be working on block 9 as soon as I get back from visiting baby Paige this week, San Diego here I come!

      Delete
  4. Your blocks are beautiful, can't wait to seem them all put together! Such precise piecing--amazing.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Emma for your kind words and thanks for stopping by come again.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blocks, especially on point! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Connie, I love the on point setting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.