Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fancy Iced Tea

Summer time and iced tea just go together at our house. Ever since I was a little girl the tinkle of ice cubes in a glass has just naturally meant iced tea. And not just any tea but Sweet Tea! As I might have mentioned before my family originated in the South and that means sweet tea you'all.

Now on to the real subject of my post. Whenever I go to a restaurant I like to order those fancy sweet teas with the fruit flavors like strawberry or raspberry and I got to wondering how to make those at home. I tried just adding fruit to the tea but it didn't give that intense flavor I was after. I even tried cans of fruit nectar but that was kinda pricey, the flavor was OK though. Then I stumbled onto this - Torani syrup. It comes in every imaginable flavor and adds just what I was looking for to my tea. They sell it to add to your coffee and for mixed drinks I think.


Just 1 tablespoon per glass and bingo Fancy Raspberry Iced Tea! It adds flavor and sweetness. I found mine at World Market but it was also at my local grocery for a LOT more money so shop around for the best deal.



Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. YUMMO!! You didnt know about those syrups?? They are awesome....try them in greek yogurt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Julianne I hadn't thought about adding to yogurt. I figured if this was a new idea to me it might be a new idea to someone else too.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.