Monday, August 20, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Finally a little something to show on Design Wall Monday. I was able to sneak into the sewing room and mess around a little with some triangle squares I found when I was cleaning up for company. These have literally been in a bin for YEARS! I trimmed them up and discovered that I had 24 5.5" squares and 24 3.5" squares. 



 What to do, what to do?


This should make up into a cute table topper at least, quick and easy.


Also, I want to show you a small wall hanging I did for my husband some time ago to hang in his office. He brought it home after his retirement and now I think I will give it to Zack for his office. Those border squares are 1.5" finished!


Linking to Patchwork Times for other design wall inspiration.

Until next time,

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to go through your stash! This will be a beautiful table topper and the quilt you made for your husband is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I surprise myself, all the time actually, lol.

      Delete
  2. Nice to make good use of some pretty leftovers! I like your layout very much.

    Quilts coming home are always a good thing--generous of you to be willing to send if off again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Annie. It felt good to get back in the sewing room for a little bit.

      Delete
  3. I can not to itsy bitsy pieces!!! This is a wonderful finish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what got into me Val I must have been experiencing an out of body moment cuz ordinarily you wouldn't catch me within a mile of a 1 1/2" block!

      Delete
    2. Love that is hangs in Zach's office. Have I told ya I love your new profile pic! Makes me smile everytime!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.