Saturday, July 21, 2012

Threads

The theme today is thread. Karen at Sew Many Ways is hosting a fun blog hop asking us to show our thread storage. I ran upstairs and took these pictures of my thread. I didn't clean it up or stage it. It is what it is. 


Aren't the colors fabulous? They just get my motor running looking at them. I do a lot of machine embroidery so I have to have just the right shade of green, yellow, blue whatever. No one ever told Michelangelo he could only paint with three or four colors!!




These are the variegated threads - love those too. Some haven't been opened yet, just waiting for the right project.







Just because they're beautiful. Polyester, rayon and cotton, 40, 50 and 60 wt. love them all.


Until next time,

10 comments:

  1. Patricia,
    Were those dividers part of the drawer unit? I like that you can keep each color in a drawer together, yet separated into smaller groups.
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~June

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, The drawers did come with the dividers. The unit can be pricey but I waited until I saw it at Costco, I 've seen them at Joanne's on sale too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat to see all those fantastic colors of thread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, I'm a color junkie I want every color there is and that can be a problem. At least the spools are a little easier to store than fabric.

      Delete
  4. The photos of your thread remind me of a new box of crayons. Makes you think, "ah, the possibilities."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...now where DID I put that crayon box??

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful/colourful photos of your wonderful threads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, it's all about the colors for me.

      Delete
  6. Silvana, the colors give me a thrill whenever I see them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.