Friday, July 20, 2012

Omlettes All Around

Not quite, not yet but we are on our way! Some lovely lady laid her first egg today!  Yes, those are a lot of exclamation points but I am so eggcited! Finally we get a reward for all the pampering we a have been lavishing on those babes. 



Here it sits in the palm of my hand. Not bad for a first attempt, not bad at all. Usually a pullet egg is quite small but this one is almost full size large.




This is it compared to a large free range store bought egg. I weighed them both and mine weighed 1.9 oz, the store bought one weighed 2.3 oz so not a big difference. Good job to my girl I say!

In the carton and into the fridge. Don't worry I won't be boring you with the stats of every egg that comes our way but the first is pretty special and an event around here.



Until Next time,

8 comments:

  1. That is VERY big for a first egg! Congrats. I don't think I'll ever tire of collecting eggs and studying their shapes and sizes. ~blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing my obsession and eggcitment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so neat! My parents were raised on farms and my mom remembers collecting eggs. Bet they're so much fresher than what we buy at the grocery store. My mother says they tasted better too. Let us know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very eggsciting indeed! that gal worked hard! I get my fresh eggs from my Dad. At 80 he still loves tending chickens. we let him. it keeps him out of trouble! **wink**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosemary believe me when I say there is o comparison between store bought and homemade eggs as far as taste goes. Those home grown eggs are sooooo good. Since the Great Bear Massacre of 2010 I have so missed those eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Julieanne for the cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, I hope I'll be able to keep up when I'm 80, kudos to your dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.