Monday, July 2, 2012

Design Wall Monday/Tropical Feeling

This has been on my mind for a while. It started out as a Jelly Roll quilt from a roll of batiks from Connecting Threads. It ended up being too narrow to be useful so sat around while I mulled over how to expand it.




I sliced it and diced it and added borders and this is what I came up with. I think I'm done but I'm still not quite satisfied. Any thoughts anyone? It might need a bottom border but the asymmetrical thing is OK too. Suggestions accepted, leave a comment. 

Let's go see what others are doing over at Patchwork Times.


Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Intriguing design....if you are not averse to applique, you could have a stylized flower with the stem starting in the middle white panel, a big blossom flopping onto the left, and a smaller blossom onto the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nann's idea is great, but I've found that the quilting and the binding add interest too. If you look at it long enough you'll know what to do. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a bottom border would be good. Otherwise I agree with Pattilou about the quilting! Love the colors in this jelly roll--so rich and intense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors in this are beautiful. I agree with Annie about a bottom border I think it would add a sense of balance to it. And, I think if you quilted it as both of the ladies said, you would be surprised at how it would change it. Have fun!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.