Monday, July 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday/Sewing For Vets

My design wall/floor this week is crowded! When I went to my first meeting of the Sewing for Vets group that I told you about last week I came away with five pre-cut kits for wheel chair lap quilts that I said I would put together before the next meeting. I decided that there was no time to waste so I better get started.



These kits are all made from donated fabric and some of them are pretty eye popping!


When the next meeting rolls around I'll turn these tops in and collect some more kits - this is fun and pretty fast. The next volunteer will sandwich the batting with the backing and quilt these. I have one kit here with all the components yet to do but these five tops are ready.






Until next time,

7 comments:

  1. Oh Patricia, I could totally whip a bunch of those out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julianne, The next bunch I will do the sandwiching and quilting too, not difficult at all as you can see. We can do this in our "spare time".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julianne, The next bunch I will do the sandwiching and quilting too, not difficult at all as you can see. We can do this in our "spare time".

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great and what a wonderful thing you are doing! Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice--I like eye-popping :) If nothing more, a conversation can be started about the colors! Good idea for kits and parceling out the jobs to finish in a team effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie,
    I'm looking forward to turning these in and picking up more. You're right about teamwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie, It's the least we can do for our older and largely forgotten vets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.