Sunday, July 29, 2012

Clearing the Cobwebs

Yes, that's what I've been doing this week and I don't mind telling you that I've about had it with the house work routine. I'm an indifferent house cleaner at the best of times, a lick and a promise as my mom would say, but we're expecting a slew of house guests over the next few weeks and I figure they might not appreciate the wildlife/spider habitat that we like to call our ceilings so out came the heavy duty cleaning arsenal. 


Dusters, vacuum hose extensions, bleach solutions and extension ladders. Have I mentioned that all, I mean ALL our ceilings are 15 feet high! I kid you not. There's a reason why those cob webs have been up there a while. And what idiot (probably a man) decided it would be a swell idea to leave a shelf space like this one high over head IN A KITCHEN to collect greasy dust? 


 The ceiling fans are spotless, not a cobweb in sight and I only fell off the ladder once. My husband has been a trooper hauling and scrubbing right along with me and the house has never looked better. His brothers and their wives had better stay longer than over night and they'd better look up!




Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.