Sunday, June 24, 2012

You Scream, I scream ...


Oh my goodness!!

 We all scream for Ice Cream! It's been hot, dang hot! When it's hot I want ice cream, not just any old ice cream but rich, creamy home made ice cream and this fills the bill.




This is my ice cream maker. I love kitchen gadgets but that being said my gadgets have to be cost effective. This maker was pretty inexpensive, makes a quart at a time and I've had it about five years. (I don't have any affiliation with this product, I just use it.)


Easy As Can Be Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
serves 12
  • 4 cups half-and-half or whole milk or whatever milk you have
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk ( THIS IS THE KEY INGREDIENT)
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract  
  •  
  • In your blender or a large bowl combine ingredients; mix well. Pour into ice cream freezer container. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. This will make 2 quarts for me so I have to make two batches. Freeze leftovers, as if!
 *You can change up the flavor by adding about 3/4 cup chocolate syrup to make chocolate ice cream. Oh yes! or add in fruit of your choice at the end.

Linking to Farm Girl Friday at Deborah Jean's Dandelion House.


Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Would love to make my own ice cream on a hot day. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary, gives this recipe a try it's super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I used a Christmas gift card to buy one of these. My first batch was a delight. Thanks for the recipe, I'll try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Icecream??? I'll be right over... to tell you you are this weeks featured farmgirl on the Farmgirl Friday blog hop that is... This recipe sounds so refreshing... and yummy! Thanks so much for sharing it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.