Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wedding Quilt

While at Josh and Megan's house in San Diego we slept under the wedding quilt I made for them in 2001. It made sleeping on the floor just a little bit easier. 




It's a queen size quilt and the border looks like a twisted ribbon if we could have held it up to show you.




I used my embroidery machine to monogram their initials in the center and each star is made from different blue shades. These blue fabrics show up again in the coin quilt I made this year and blogged about here. I think they're pretty much gone now.








I printed the label using my computer and a graphics program. The backing is a nod to Megan's year spent studying and working in Japan.


Linking to http://marciascraftysewing.blogspot.com/


Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! Did it really make sleeping on the floor better.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may have been a little white lie Connie ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful quilt! found you from find a friend Fridays! I'll be back! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.