Monday, May 21, 2012

Design Wall Monday/Flimsy Baby



 At last the Peter Rabbit quilt is a flimsy and ready for quilting. In fact it's already under the needle and I'm half way finished with the quilting.


Super cute border print and carrot print fabric




I'm just doing a simple stitch in the ditch all around each block and the borders and a meander inside the blocks to emphasize the embroidery. I have to get this done by next week because we are leaving for San Diego and the baby shower. I do have the cute as a button rag quilt which I finished ages ago and blogged about already. But I'm the grandma so of course just one quilt will not do!




It's linky time on Monday at Patchwork Times and on Tuesday at Quilting by the River. Wander on over and see what other creative people are up to.


Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. This is such a cute quilt. I think the embroidery adds such a cute twist to it. Well done!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable quilt! Have fun finishing it up and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so sweet with all your embroidery on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I love the embroidery, I love the Beatrix Potter characters, I love the alphabet, I love the border! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit Kristi I love it too! It has been 10 years in the waiting for this grandchild so YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Marcella, I can hardly wait to see all the sweet baby shower goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, The embroideries were the most fun to pick put and sew remembering reading Peter Rabbit to my son when he was small.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.