Monday, May 7, 2012

Design Wall Monday/Baby Quilt Progress

Not much sewing to show for this week. There hasn't been a lot going on here on Dogwood Lane but the baby quilt I talked about last week has been percolating. I finished the embroidery of the blocks but that's not very exciting.




I've been collecting these fabrics for a long time. Now to put them to good use, I  only have fat quarters of most of this stuff.



I love the whole embroidery process, watching the thread paint a picture is just fascinating. The best part is choosing the colors.




Isn't Mrs. Tiggy Winkle cute?


The thing about using a panel as a base is that it's not printed straight so the tedious business of straightening these blocks up comes next.




Be sure to go to Patchwork Times to see what other people have on their design walls, don't forget Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story, and Connie at Quilting by the River. All these sites have lots of inspiration.


Until next time,

9 comments:

  1. Very ornamental! I don't think I've ever seen embroidery done over a print like that. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, love the names embroidered along with the character. I have a half finished Beatrice Potter alphabet that I started cross-stitching when a niece was expected...that was nearly 17 years ago, eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are so neat with the embroidery over the prints! Thanks for sharing!
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute embroideries to add to the blocks!! It's going to be an adorable baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Mrs. Tiggy Winkle is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, so maybe I'm easily amused, but I find the embroidery quite exciting. I absolutely love the cute Beatrix Potter characters embroidered on the blocks; they really make the print "pop"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those embroidered characters are amazing and Beatrix Potter is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your kind words, this is a flimsy now and I'm ready to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Kristi. I love watching the embroidery take shape, it makes me smile. I feel as if they are coming alive. So much fun to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.