Wednesday, April 25, 2012

On to San Diego

Our youngest son and his wife live in San Diego so our next stop was south and a four day visit with them. They needed some home improvement help and Chris came equipped with tool belt and I brought paint brushes. The four of us went to work framing their new windows. We got the whole house done in two days, what a crew. We are not for hire! After the work episode it was time for play.




 Baby furniture shopping and picking out nursery colors followed by dinner at the Blue Water Grill recommended by Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives and I have to say the fresh fish was awesome. Go there you won't be disappointed. Just don't expect decor, it really is a dive.


Visions Art Museum Contemporary Quilts & Textiles


 We made a stop here                
The family thought I was dragging them to an ordinary quilt show and they were blown away by the art quilts on display, particularly the "Art Meets Science" installation currently showing. Wow! Click on the link and see what I mean. No pictures allowed inside but I bought the catalog so I could relive the day.


Posing at the zoo. There is a baby bump in this photo but you can hardly tell.
 The next day was spent at the San Diego Zoo (I did take a ton of pictures at the zoo but I won't bore you with them) then home again to grill burgers and watch the last two episodes of Justified on the DVR. What am I going to do with my Tuesday nights now? Start on the Netflix DVDs of season 2 of Doc Martin, but I digress. Wonderful to spend time with our kids. We'll be back the end of May for Claire's first birthday and the baby shower.


Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.