Monday, April 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday/Urban Garden


This had been on my design wall for quite some time and I finally put the finishing touches on the binding by machine and can call it done. It started life as a layer cake from Basic Grey called Urban Grunge from about three years ago. I'm never in too much of a hurry! I don't know about you but I don't see one thing grungy about it. In fact it's quite pretty to me. I especially love the birds and butterflies. The border is an Amy Butler print I think.

 

I wanted to show off the beautiful prints and keep it kind of modern so stayed with the simple snowballs and cornerstones.




My long arm quilter Karen Parker kept to a slightly Asian feel with this really sweet cherry blossom motif and not too dense quilting just as I asked her. My DIL Megan will be pleased I hope.



The backing is a fabric from Connecting Threads.

My Christmas In April flimsy is finished and I sent it to the longarm quilter without taking a picture I was so excited. How absent minded is that? I was anxious to get it to her to meet her timeline and so I rushed around, a picture was the last thing on my mind.

Don't forget to check in on Patchwork Times and see all the wonderful works in progress.


Until next time,

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt and the quilting is so neat! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks great and the quilting is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No grunge in that quilt, looks great. I think the cherry blossoms are sweet, I may have to try that stitch. Can't wait to see your next quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sashing between blocks and the tiny square in a square ... pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't is great to rejuvinate a post from over two years ago!!! I find myself thinking how this Snowball pattern might look without the sashing???Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.