Monday, April 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday/Christmas Already?

No, not really but it's never too soon to plan for next year. And if you know me you know that it usually takes me a long time to finish a big project so I thought I should get started now for Christmas. Besides this idea has been lurking as something of a UFO in my mind for quite a while so best to begin. 

I've fallen in love with this Twister gadget. Seriously, this thing is fun! I made a gift for a friend and she was so darn impressed I was embarrassed at how easy the thing really was to construct. Only you and I need to know what a breeze the Twister ruler makes sewing a complicated looking block.


Basic 4-patch with border


I don't have a book or pattern to go by, I'm making individual blocks which I'll set on point.


The first cut


Keeping things in order as I cut (I don't know what that is in the upper right corner, avert you gaze.)


Ready for sewing



First block done. Only about 16 more to go!

Linking up to Patchwork Times for more design wall inspiration.



Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I have one of those in the "gadget bin filled with things I haven't tried yet". One of these days :-) I think you have the same camera strap problem I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have 'lil Twister--I have the big one and I keep meaning to get to it. Good for you at starting such a fun looking project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I became your follower...I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with the little twister. I love my twisters! And I am always trying out new things to do with them. I like the start you have made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.