Thursday, March 15, 2012

They're Here!

Lots of exclamation points lately I know but I don't know how else to show how excited I am. The chicks are in the house and oh so cute. 




I got 10 little darlings, four Golden Sex Link, three Rhode Island Red, three Black Sex Link. It was only going to be nine but if I bought just one more I got $3 off the 50 lb. bag of feed so what the heck. It's hard to get a picture of all of them 'cuz they're running around cheeping and then they just fall over exhausted as if they have been struck down. So funny to watch. 

Birds of a feather really do flock together and if you get just one of a kind that bird will be odd bird out in a flock and often will wander around without a buddy. At least that has been our experience. So I decided on three of each at least, that way if anything happened to one there would still be two to pal around together.



Right now they're living in the shower stall of the upstairs bathroom. It's warm, out of the way and right off my sewing room so I can keep an eye on them. We're expecting snow tonight or tomorrow so it's way too cold outside for them and Chris hasn't finished the hen house repairs anyway.



By the way did you notice I now have a nifty signature at the end of my posts? Thanks to Connie at Quilting by the River who posted an easy to understand tutorial about how to do this. Click on the link and you can learn too and while you're there check out all the other great stuff on her blog.

Until next time,



1 comment:

  1. What cute little chicks and what a variety! Congrats on your beautiful signature and thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.