Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Girls

Today was Needle Nellies day. I can't tell you how much I look forward to meeting up with my girls for chatting and sewing and catching up with all the family news. We meet twice a month and in our small community it can be the highlight of our social calendar. 
It was cold and rainy this morning and nothing else could have induced me to drive down the mountain to town believe me. I'm the one holding the key to the church hall so I had to be there if not early, at least on time. There are 18 of us when we all are present, about 10 could make it today. Not much sewing got done but a lot of talking. It seems like family activity has been keeping everyone busy these days.

 Jeannie came over to my house last week and I showed her how to use the Twister Ruler she purchased at the quilt show and here's the flimsy she put together. How great is that? This is using one Moda Layer Cake, I don't know the name of the fabric collection.


She liked the technique so much she put together this mini from 30's scraps
Some design consultations.














Applique work in progress
Let's go to lunch!

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.