Monday, March 5, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Decided to start a new project rather than start the taxes, how's that for avoidance? My goal for this year is to make a serious dent in my stash. There are fabrics in there from before our move here and I don't intend to go into the old folks home with them. I also have a goal of making a quilt for each of my sons this year and time is a wasting. 


I pulled out the blue bin and discovered fabrics in there from my youngest son's wedding quilt - that's 10 years ago! See what I mean about needing to use these up? I still like most of these tho so I got to work cutting and decided to make a Chinese Coin design. It's easy and kind of modern looking and with all the blues I can make it masculine too. I need a another light, in this mix. Look what I found in the laundry. My husband's shirt has seen better days and it's just the shade of light blue I need!


Can you see how frayed this collar is?


Don't throw away those buttons.
Strip sets ready for cutting.
 I used my Shape Cut for this step. The masking tape is there to keep me from using the wrong slot even though I never hardly ever make a mistake! You believe that right?




 Time to mix things up and see how it's looking. I'm well on my way! Can you pick out my husband's shirt? There are lots of other projects to check out at Patchwork Times today.


Lovely ironing board view



5 comments:

  1. It is looking good! You did that quick! Lynne in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through Sew Many Ways. I am stopping in from TheStuffofSuccess and I am also your newest follower. Feel free to stop on by and say hello. Enjoy your week. Thanks Athena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these blues together, what a great way to use up beautiful fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are making good progress...I have a big bin of scraps I need to dig into also. Good luck with your project.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, I love the blues! Thanks for leaving a comment at http://whimsyspace.blogspot.com, I am now following you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.