Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Blog Tag! I'm It!

Heidi from Grizz 'n' Dove has tagged me in a game she gleefully termed as fun and friendly. I accept the fun and friendly part but I feel a little shy about asking others to participate. I'm a little old for this kind of thing after all, a red-headed granny for Pete's sake! But I do have a blog which must mean I'm willing to put myself out in blog land so here goes. I've decided to answer the fun questions so that you all can get to know me better and let it go at that.


1. If you could choose, would you like to live in a big city, small town or in the country?
In the country without a doubt! 15 years ago my husband and I left Southern Calif behind and moved to our tiny mountain town population 950.
 

2. What skill do you wish you were better at?
 I am working almost every day at my quilting and will probably never be as good at it as I wish. I want to be a better gardener, and baker and ... the list is endless.
 

3. What is your favorite genre of book to read?
I love mysteries and read about one a week. But I love to read period, cereal boxes if that's all that's available.
 

4. What is your favorite movie?
Oh, how to pick just one? Movies are my favorite form of entertainment, right now Pride and Prejudice is close to the top but tomorrow it might be John Carter (haven't seen it yet).
 

5. What is your favorite decoration in your house/apartment? Why?
I'm looking at it right now - a candid family portrait taken a Christmas showing the laughing faces of all my children and grandchildren. The most beautiful thing in the world, what I'd grab if the place was on fire.
 
6. Least favorite day of the week?

Sunday night, I really miss my kids on Sunday night. Very melancholy.
 
7. Favorite pair of shoes? You know, the pair that you'll cry when they get too worn to wear anymore...

Shoes? I don't wear shoes unless forced! That being said I do have a pair of drop dead gorgeous peep toed pumps in silver with some bling that I just LOVE.
 
8. When did you know you wanted to start a blog?

I have wanted to start a blog for a long, long time but didn't have the nerve. Loved reading blogs and they have helped me to feel less isolated living here in the back of beyond. Glad I decided to jump in but it still feels very new and uncharted to me.
 
9. Describe your perfect date. (either a romantic date or a date on the calendar... Miss Congeniality style!)

My perfect date involves spending time with my husband just hanging out without the distraction of home or work obligations. When he is with me he takes off his watch and turns off his phone and for me that's perfect, it tells me I have his undivided attention.
 
10. What is your go-to recipe for company? Or do you try something new each time?

I try something new every time. Crazy I know but I love to cook and I want to do something fancy for people I care about. I usually invite guest into the kitchen and give them small jobs so that they feel part of the action and we all can relax.
 
11. What single food item could you live on if you were stranded on an island?

Potato chips - no question And no ridges!!!

Thanks Heidi for the chance to play.
Here are the other folks that Heidi tagged go check them out and get to know some other lovely and interesting people:

Chelsea at Kiss My Brass
Sarah at Adventures of Our Fami-Ly

Connie at Quilting By The River
Sunni at Love Affair with My Brother
Libby at Truly Myrtle
The Joyful Thrifter at Joyful Treasure Hunting
Jess at
 The Elven Garden

 

3 comments:

  1. Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorites as well :) Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, I 'found' you via Karen at SEW DARN CRAFTY... I have so enjoyed my read. Hope you are having a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to reading cereal boxes! :) What a fun series, was great learning more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.