Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Young Love


Look at those baby faces. We were married 44 years ago today. Valentines Day wasn't such a big deal then, it was a nice romantic gesture without all the hoopla attached to it that you see these days. Besides, it was a Wednesday and the only day we could book the church! Nineteen days later Chris left for a 13 month tour in Vietnam and I went back to my mother's house to wait and worry and pray. It was almost as if the wedding never happened.  Our real married life started more than a year later. Even then we knew we were in it for the long haul, and even though we were young we never thought of quitting. Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for the truly good man I married on Valentines Day. I love you sweetheart and I would do it all again with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.