Friday, February 3, 2012

How did I get here?

About 14 years ago my husband Chris and I were feeling restless. Our youngest son had gone off to college and obviously wasn't coming back. What would be the next chapter? I know - let's move to the country! So off we went and ended up here. We REALLY are in the country. A small town in northern California, population 956, elevation 3,000 ft on the way to nowhere. I'll bet you didn't even know such places existed in California but they do. So our new life began. The learning curve has been steep, after all what did we know about wells and forest management and keeping bears out of the hen house ( more on that later). But the rewards have been great as well, just look at this view.

6 comments:

  1. I love learning this about you Patricia! My husband and I think of doing the same...not quite yet...but we do think about it. Thanks for sharing your first post today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I look at this first post now I realize how sparse it is but at the time I really agonized over it not wanting to be too wordy! Wow, times have changed because now you can't hardly shut me up!

      Delete
  2. Checking out your first post from Val's 1st post linky party. I have to go check it out further and see how you are doing in your little town in the country...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking this out Janet. I'm a little embarrassed by this first post now but we all have to start somewhere and I've learned so much over the last two plus years, it's been so much fun blogging. I hope you'll stop by again and get to know all about the goings on on Dogwood Lane.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that scenry is awesome! Just looking in on your 1st post thru Val's linky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Anita do check in to my more recent posts to see what's happening now on Dogwood Lane!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.