Monday, February 13, 2012

Block of the Month

This is the first block in my LQS block of the month, Memories of Provence block of the month by Monique Dillard of Open Gate Quilts. I've chosen a red color way but I used my own background fabric 'cuz I thought the background offered was just too blah. I intend to make each background different to give it a more scrappy feel and make it a little more interesting. I also purchased extra fat quarters of the other fabrics just in case I make cutting mistakes (what are the odds!).

I've never joined a block of the month before and I'm looking forward to this project which is going to stretch out over the whole year. Given that time frame surely I'll be able to keep up!

Don't forget it's Design Wall Monday over at Patchwork Times. Go on over and see what gorgeous things other quilters are making this week.

3 comments:

  1. I like your block! I agree with using the different backgrounds adding interest. Hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I hope to do a little better next month on centering the motif on that whit fabric too!Thanks Jane, I hope to do a little better next month on centering the motif on that whit fabric too!

      Delete
  2. I like the background. It gives it more interest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.